Thursday, May 23, 2013

Another rescue mission

It's about 3 weeks past the average last frost date here and it hit 88 degrees this week, yet the weather forecast for tonight predicts temperatures in the 30's and patchy frost. So I rushed home after the gym tonight to rescue my plants from rapidly falling temperatures. (I've been in rescue mode already this week with the baby bird incident on Sunday.)

Here's one cool thing about container gardening: you can move the plants! So instead of eating dinner when I got home, I hauled a bunch of large, heavy, waterlogged (did I mention it was raining?) containers of plants into the garage. Bonus workout!

So I have peppers, eggplant and herbs camping out in the garage tonight. Good thing I hadn't planted the tomatoes outside yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment