Monday, August 5, 2013

Back in Time/ Tomato Adoption Agency

Okay, I meant to do this post almost 2 months ago. So I'm gonna jump in my DeLorean, flip the time circuits on, and set my destination for June 1st, 2013 (i.e. sort the garden pics on my computer by date until I find the right ones. Sometimes I try too hard to make a blog about plants seem exciting.)

Anyway, this brings us to tomato adoption. Every year I grow (way too many) tomato plants from seed. Happily, I know several other gardeners who are willing to adopt a few. So back in June I loaded up the seedlings and delivered them to their new homes in the porch gardens of my family and friends. This year, I delivered tomato plants to five other gardens. Here are photos of a couple of them from back in June and July.


Tomato plants in the car for delivery.




Loving their new home in my mom's porch garden.


Glad to contribute to my sister's first garden this year! I think she's getting a green thumb!



Hooray for more porch gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment