Saturday, August 24, 2013

Small Garden, Big Harvest

First, a confession. I have two gardens. I have my small porch garden where everything is grown in containers and I also have a 10ft x 10ft plot in my town's community garden. I did reference my community garden plot in this post about the garden as my sandbox. And I do share lots of pictures from my garden plot outside of this blog.

But this blog is mainly focused on the porch garden and this post in particular is exclusively from the porch.

Harvest time is in full swing now, which is really the most fun part about porch gardening. Almost every day I can walk out my front door and pick something for dinner.

I love the colors of these "sweet pickle" peppers.

These huge Italian peppers are called "The Godfather". The name definitely influenced my purchase of these seeds. It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

"Black Beauty" eggplant is doing very well in the Earthbox.

Here's a view of part of the porch garden from 8/15/13. Eggplant and peppers in the front row, tomatoes in the back by the fence. More peppers, herbs and cucumbers hiding off camera.

Porch garden harvest from 8/17/13. Peppers, eggplant, pink tomatoes and black cherry tomatoes (my favorite.) I made a nice Italian dinner out of this.


And another porch garden harvest from a week later, 8/24/13. Not bad for just a couple of pots on the front porch. I think I'll cook up some eggplant and roasted sweet peppers for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment