Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July! (A full porch, hanging baskets, and a tomato growth chart)

Happy Independence Day! I don't have fireworks, but I've got the stars and stripes waving on the porch.



The porch garden is pretty full, though I'm always thinking about adding more.



I did decide I needed to add some flowers this year and it seemed that *up* was the only way to go, so I added some new plant hangers to the porch columns.



The tomato plants really take off once the weather heats up, so I started a tomato "growth chart" last week, using a permanent marker to mark the height of the plant on the stake. Can't believe how much they've grown in less than a week. I just marked a line and the date, but maybe I'll add measurements too. This would be a cute idea for children's garden. Would be fun for kids to mark the lines and watch it grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment